domingo, 9 de noviembre de 2008

Mom's Visit: domingo, 2 de noviembre








We made up for my pitiful efforts at sightseeing earlier in the week by packing our day with the sites of Madrid.  First, I took the ladies to the RASTRO (remember, that's the Sunday flea market at La Latina).  We attempted to visit the church of San Francisco, but it was closed.  We moved onto the Palacio Real, passing a magnificent view with snow-capped mountains in the distance - you better believe it!  We also passed the imposing Almudena Cathedral.  Audio guides for an additional two euros enhanced our visit to the Palacio, however, the obnoxiously loud Italian tour guide on our tails did not.  We lunched at a restaurante argentino where mom and I started with a chorizo.  I ate a warm, rich vegetable salad with goat cheese.  After lunch we walked in Retiro till dark.  We had dinner at Bazaar, and after dinner, mom and Joan walked arm in arm to the mojito bar while I talked to my favorite Spanish-speaker on the phone.  Knowing I had to wake up early for work, I failed to maintain my role as a gracious hostess and got a bit cranky with mom and Joan who were giddy like school girls after their mojitos.  Sorry ladies.  Note: the picture of mom and Joan is from their wild night on the town, jeje.

No hay comentarios: