domingo, 9 de noviembre de 2008

Mom and Joan!


Yes, we are three ladies in a bed, but it's not what you think!  We're just cold and silly.  Arriving from Getafe, I climb the stairs at Chueca metro to find my mom waiting right at the top!  She almost doesn't recognize me in my long purple jacket and with my hair in two buns from my disfrace mariposa (butterfly costume).  We embrace in a long awaited hug and head up to my apartment to catch up!  I finally succumb to buying a space heater at Corte Ingles as Spain has welcomed my mom and Joan with a bitter, wet cold snap, and I want them to sleep comfortably.  Situational irony: the space heater ultimately leads to mom's laryngitis by drying the air while we sleep.  We pick up some groceries.  We eat dinner at Wagaboo Fun Eating.  Despite Dad's speculation that it didn't look fun, we had a nice time, a nice meal, nice wine, and oh yes, nice desserts.  Dad based his opinion on the lack of a dinner crowd in early September, but Wagaboo draws a fair crowd lately (and now I know why).

No hay comentarios: