domingo, 9 de noviembre de 2008

October 31st, Halloween
















I intended to take mom and Joan to the church of San Francisco and the Palacio Real (Royal Palace); however, after detouring for lunch, we walked circles in the wrong direction.  Under umbrellas and cowering from unpleasant weather, we conceded our cultural efforts to shopping.  Don't judge.  On the way home, we devised some assemblance of a costume for Sean's party.  I skipped class for a second consecutive night - oops - and prepared an evening of apertivos and wine.  Morgan joined us shortly before we departed to Sean's cumple (birthday) and costume party.  Morgan and I hopped in a cab; meanwhile, Joan and mom walked arm in arm to a nearby gay bar where they had "the best mojitos ever" says mom.  Don't judge.  I took a cab home around 4:30 a.m., and my driver grappled with the idea that I wanted to go home and not out to more clubs.  Jajaja.  I reassured him that I simply had plans to take my mom and her friend to Alcalá de Henares the next day, and he seemed less disappointed in me.  Ja!  Mom met me at the door of my building (she and Joan borrowed my keys), and I debriefed her on the fiesta (party) before falling asleep.  Truthfully, at 25, I still love to snuggle with my mom!  She's the most comforting person ever.

Correction:  Mom and Joan did not go for mojitos this night.  They went to Diurno (a trendy Chueca shop with wifi) to have coffee.  Another night, they went for mojitos to allow me some phone privacy.  

No hay comentarios: