domingo, 5 de octubre de 2008

RASTRO



domingo, 5 de octubre:
Graeham and I went to the Rastro (outdoor flea market) at La Latina this morning.  I bought a handbag, necklace, and earrings for a total of 8 euros.  Ohhh yeah.  A table that sold a variety of rubber bands and large pieces of elastic sincerely puzzled Graeham and me.  

After the Rastro, we sought a manta electrica (heating blanket) with no success at Corte Ingles.  I had a perrito caliente (hot dog) and can of Fanta naranja on the street, which didn't compare to New York even slightly.  We stopped in a few stores on Fuencarral looking for coats and boots to no avail and made plans to meet again for a walk in Retiro at 5:50pm.  We had a splendid walk: Jess Levin, research Fulbrighter, joined us.

1 comentario:

April dijo...

hey - i have a pretty great long black wool coat that i got for $10 at a thrift store... never had the opportunity to use it. do you want me to send it with mom or keri?