viernes, 3 de octubre de 2008

Gathering of Friends






After school, I walk with Charo to her house in Getafe where I tutor her 18-year old daughter, Nuria.  Nuria speaks English fluently after living in San Diego, CA with her family for three years; she studies economics in English at the university.  I enjoyed teaching her thoroughly because we worked primarily on her writing this session.  After tutoring, I returned to my piso briefly before heading to my first Spanish class at C.E.E. Idiomas.  Brilliantly, I got lost.  My brilliant counterpart, Graeham, also got lost on her way to class, making us two American idiots on the phone and lost only blocks away from the school.  I called the school and eventually we both found it.  After class, I hustled back to Chueca to prepare for my company.  A gathering for friends - a gathering of consumption, really - took place with each person contributing an apertivo or vino.  Lucky for us, the fire twirler graced the plaza with his performance.

No hay comentarios: