viernes, 17 de octubre de 2008

Adam Arrives for a Long Weekend!










Adam arrived at Barajas Airport, Madrid, where I met him around 11:00.  We took the metro back to my piso in Chueca, and then set out to find food.  Although you can find a beverage at any number of bars or from one of the many "Chinese bazarres," finding food at midnight in Spain presents a surprising challenge.  We finally found a Kebab place only 5min shy of closing.  We ordered "para llevar" and ate gyros at my piso, caught up, and called it an early night.  We enjoyed a very lazy morning, as I prefer my Fridays.  We unsuccessfully shopped for trainers for Adam (silly one broke his before arriving).  In the afternoon we took a walking tour of el Estadio Bernabeu where team  Real Madrid plays.  I personally enjoyed the posh player seats and hot tub in the locker rooms: nice.  In the evening we secured a place in queue for Flamenco tickets: a free concert at the Chamartin metro stop.  While Adam held our place, I retrieved bocadillos and cerveza (sandwiches and beer) from Pans Company nearby.  We watched the first Flamenco performer, La Talegona.  She ranked with us for fastest foot-stomping and most emphatic expressions. 

No hay comentarios: