sábado, 27 de septiembre de 2008

Jornada

Thursday and Friday (Sept. 25-26th) of this week, I attended the first of three "Jornadas," obligatory meetings hosted by La Comunidad de Madrid for conversation auxiliaries.  I'm going to keep this entry simple by telling you these were two of the most boring days of my life.  The highlight however?  LUNCH!  They provided a two course lunch with dessert and wine for us both days at a nearby restaurant (sad to say, I didn't have my camera in tote).  Returning to the Jornada stuffed and sleepy, however, felt like cruel and unusual punishment.  Now, I'm not familiar with the Spanish constitution, but I know that's just simply un-American.  

More significantly, I met a former Rollins student, Noah John.  Heading to lunch the first day, Graeham pointed out a Rollins jacket, and when Noah turned around, I immediately recognized his face though we didn' t know one another.  Noah worked as an auxiliar conversacion in Andalucia, Spain last year, and now has come to Madrid for his second year!

Es todo!  Perdoname, no fotos hoy.  

No hay comentarios: